THE BIG PICTURE PROJECT 2017-2018
Submission deadline: Friday 16th June 2017
In the coming weeks, we are inviting individuals and organisations to submit proposals for projects involving Laureate na nÓg PJ Lynch. As Laureate, PJ is focussing on a small number of themes and projects, initiated by himself and/or in collaboration with others.
The Laureate na nÓg project has five key aims:
- To introduce high quality children’s literature to a new audience of adults, children and young people.
- To raise the profile of children’s literature in Ireland.
- To increase media attention for children’s literature in Ireland and internationally.
- To bring children’s literature into the mainstream conversation about books and literature in Ireland.
- To build partnership and cooperation among various players in the children’s literature sector.
PJ has identified a further theme as Laureate under the title The Big Picture:
He wants to work with partners in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland to devise, design, make and install Big Pictures that celebrate the art of visual storytelling as well as responding to the culture of narrative on both parts of the island.
If you have an idea for a Big Picture project that would speak to any of those aims, and which you’d like to work with PJ on, please email email@example.com by Friday 16th June 2017 with the following information:
- Your name or the name of your organisation
- Main contact name
- Main contact telephone number and email address
- A breakdown of how much you think your project will cost to complete
- 300 word description of the project and how it meets the key aims of Laureate na nÓg and The Big Picture theme
Please note, we welcome and encourage applications from all groups and individuals, regardless of means and funding status.
All requests we receive will be logged, and will be prioritised according to their relevance to the Laureate’s key aims and specific themes. Please be aware that the Laureate na nÓg typically receives a very high volume of invitations, and PJ will only be in a position to accept a small number of those.