CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE NEXT CHILDREN’S LAUREATE 2014-2016
Laureate na nÓg is an initiative of The Arts Council, with the support of The Department of Children and Youth Affairs, Children’s Books Ireland, Poetry Ireland and The Arts Council of Northern Ireland. Laureate na nÓg is an honarary title conferred on an established and dynamic children’s author and/or illustrator for a period of two years. The first Laureate na nÓg was Siobhán Parkinson and the second Niamh Sharkey.
Aims of Laureate na nÓg
- Introduce high quality children’s literature to a new audience of adults, children and young people
- Raise the profile of children’s literature in Ireland
- Increase media attention for children’s literature in Ireland and internationally
- Bring children’s literature into the mainstream conversation about books and literature in Ireland
- Build partnership and cooperation among various players in the children’s literature sector
The new Laureate na nÓg should:
- Have created a recognised body of children’s writing and/or illustration;
- Be Irish or permanently resident in Ireland.
You can nominate your choice for Laureate na nÓg by filling out a nomination form, which can be downloaded here: New nomination form 2014-16
Nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 15th, 2014