ONCE UPON A PLACE – THE LAUREATE STORY TOUR 2014-2016
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR PROJECTS / EVENTS WITH EOIN COLFER, LAUREATE NA NÓG –
Submission Window June 2014
Throughout the month of June, we are inviting individuals and organisations to submit proposals for projects involving Laureate na nÓg Eoin Colfer. As Laureate, Eoin will be focussing on a small number of themes and projects, initiated by himself and/or in collaboration with others.
The Laureate na nÓg project has five key aims:
1. To introduce high quality children’s literature to a new audience of adults, children and young people.
2. To raise the profile of children’s literature in Ireland.
3. To increase media attention for children’s literature in Ireland and internationally.
4. To bring children’s literature into the mainstream conversation about books and literature in Ireland.
5. To build partnership and cooperation among various players in the children’s literature sector.
Eoin has identified two further themes as Laureate under the title ONCE UPON A PLACE:
• A nationwide tour of story and storytelling in areas that might not otherwise have visiting authors and storytellers
• Special storytelling events in fantastic and unusual places
Eoin Colfer wants to bring stories to children all over Ireland, reaching places that might not normally be prioritised e.g. schools that are not part of a writers in schools scheme, remote communities that may not have had a visiting writer or storyteller before, or youth/reading groups who don’t have funding to access visiting artists.
Eoin’s second focus is on fantastic places: extraordinary settings in which to stage, either himself or with a carefully chosen team of authors and storytellers, a very special and memorable storytelling event that would spark children’s imaginations and bring the magic of story and of books to young people in an experiential way. These locations may have become associated with favourite children’s stories or they may be inspiring settings which have the potential host atmospheric and exciting events for children.
If you have an idea for a project or venue that would speak to any of those aims, and which you’d like to work with Eoin on, please email email@example.com by 30th June 2014 with the following information:
• Name of your organisation
• Main contact name
• Main contact telephone number and email address
• 300 word description of the project and how it meets the key aims of Laureate na nÓg and the Once Upon A Story theme.
All requests we receive will be logged, and will be prioritised according to their relevance to the Laureate’s key aims and specific themes. Please be aware that the Laureate na nÓg typically receives a very high volume of invitations, and Eoin will only be in a position to accept a small number of those.